Vehicle Shipping FAQs
- What is usually the cost to transport my vehicle? The cost to transport any vehicle is going vary and be based on several factors:
- The vehicle year, make, model, size and weight.
- The pickup and delivery locations.
- Price for diesel fuel.
- How long will it take to transport my vehicle? The time it will take to transport your vehicle will depend mainly on the distance from pickup to delivery. The longer the distance, the longer the delivery time. On the average it’s usually 3 to 5 days. Coast to Coast runs usually will take about 7 to 10 days. Check with your agent for further details.
- Do I have to pay an upfront deposit? NO! NEVER PAY ANY COMPANY AN UPFRONT DEPOSIT. All We Will Transport It customers will pay for their transport at the time of delivery. If any company ever asked you to pay and upfront deposit, hang up the phone! The “deposit” does not guarantee you the customer that your vehicle will be picked up. Beware there are some bad companies who will try and cheat you out of your money. Look the companies up on Transport Reviews.
- Can I put items in the car during the transport? Technically no, but there are a few exceptions. Some carriers will allow items in THE TRUNK ONLY- NOTHING INSIDE THE VEHICLE AT ALL. Just let the representative know what items you are looking to ship with your car to make sure if it’s ok.
- Do I personally have to be present for my car to be picked up or delivered? No you personally do not have to be present for the pick up or delivery. Our carriers can retrieve or deliver your vehicle from a family member, friend, or a next door neighbor. Someone will need to be present for pickup and delivery.
- If I want to cancel my order how long will I have to cancel and what are the cancellation fees? If you book an order, and are given the name and number of the carrier, then the order is now considered dispatched. Once any order has been dispatched, and a customer wants to cancel, then an email must be sent to our dispatch department and yes there is a cancellation fee of $200.00. But it is best to always speak with a dispatch manager to what arrangements can be worked out for you to cancel without any fees.
- If my vehicle is inoperable or not running can I still ship it? Yes you can. We have many carriers who have what’s called a wench to load vehicles that are not running. Now carriers that have this wench usually charge more to transport than operating vehicles simply because the insurance is more expensive, plus the weight of the wench causes more weigh station fees. The cost also is determined by the vehicle make, model and weight. Just give one of our reputable agents a call today for more specifics about an in-opt transport.
- If I have special modifications on my vehicle can I still transport it? Yes your vehicle can still be transported, but for any specially modified vehicle, there must be a custom quote. We have to know what the vehicle modifications are, the distance from point A to B and what kind of carrier will be needed. Our Logistic Specialist will be more than happy to assist you special transporting needs.