Need help preparing a boat for transport in the winter? If you intend to transport a boat in the winter, but aren’t sure how you should prepare your boat beforehand, this video is for you. When it comes to transporting a boat in the winter, it’s important that you thoroughly prepare it so that it arrives in pristine condition (keeping in mind that some exposure to winter road slush may be unavoidable). Here are some tips for you to follow.
- Ensure that you choose a boatyard which has a loading spot with a 14′ clearance. This will help to ensure that neither wires nor branches will interfere with the boat at the beginning of said trip.
- Secure loose gear below and above deck.
- Drain all water and fuel tanks, plus remove drain pumps from the hull.
- Disconnect the batteries and move the cables away from them to ensure that they do not come into contact with the batteries.
- When it comes to avoiding winter related damage, all pumps, air conditions, water systems, etc should be drained of water.
What Company to Use?
It’s highly recommended that you use a reputable company when it comes to transporting your boat. We Will Transport It, Inc. has gained an invaluable amount of experience when it comes to transporting boats during the winter season. For more information, simply visit www.wewilltransportit.com or contact us directly at 866-297-5551.