Sailboat Transport: Getting Your Sailboat Ready for Summer
Summertime is here! If you haven’t gotten your sailboat ready for sailboat transport yet, now is the time. Before you head out on the water, you need to do some general preparation to make sure your boat is ready to set sail. Here are some tips regarding what to do before transporting your sailboat to its destination.
- Use mild detergent to do a general cleaning of the topsides, deck, and hull.
- Clear drains and scuppers.
- Put on a good coating of wax.
- Use metal polish on all metal fixtures and parts.
- Properly oil and clean teak.
- Clean the hatches and windows.
- Clean the dodger, bimini, and canvas.
- Clean the bilges and the rest of the interior.
- Check the tools and spare parts, replacing as necessary.
- Check to see registration is current and onboard.
- Replace wiper blades.
When it comes to sailboat transport, you can count on We Will Transport It, Inc. We are experienced and highly trained in all aspects of sailboat transport. Call us today at 866-297-5551.
Trackback from your site.