If you need to have a car transported, you should be aware that not all car shipping companies are the same. You shouldn’t just choose the first car shipping company that you find. Instead, do your research and shop around. Here are some tips for finding a car transporter to take care of your needs.
- First, you should find some car shipping companies that you are interested in and go directly to their websites and request quotes. You should not put your details in a multi-quote website because you will be contacted by dozens of companies, including some that are not reputable and reliable.
- Look at more than price. You should not automatically go with the company that is offering the lowest price. Price is not everything. Many companies lure companies with the lowest bid. In those situations, if the carrier doesn’t agree to the lowest price, and sometimes they don’t, your car will not be transported. Sometimes car shipping companies lure in customers with low-ball pricing and then can’t follow through. You end up paying out more because the carrier will not agree to the shipping company’s offers.
- Do your research. Take the time to research all the companies that you are interested in for your shipping needs. Check for complaints. Avoid doing your research on review websites because they are not always accurate. Check with several companies as well as friends and acquaintances to see if they have used a car shipping company before and learn about their experiences. This can help you determine which company is the best choice for your needs.
- When you decide which car shipping company to use, you will need to choose the company you want to use for transport needs. Be sure to get a confirmation email or fax. Be sure to read all the documents and contracts before signing everything. If you do your agreement online, remember that your e-signature is binding as soon as you click the send button.
- Now, get your vehicle ready for transport. Remove valuables, clean your vehicle, and make sure you don’t have more than a fourth of a tank of fuel in your car. Make sure your car is carefully inspected for any damages. You make note of any damages and be sure to make sure the carrier inspects your vehicle before transporting it.
To learn more about car shipping companies, call We Will Transport It, Inc. today to get a free quote. We look forward to providing you with quality car transport services.
Take a look at our boat transport services as well!