Rich Table of Contents
- How Heavy Haul works from Georgia to Alabama
- Heavy Haulers from Georgia to Alabama
- About We Will Transport It
- The Route between Georgia and Alabama
- Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Florida to Kentucky:
- The most popular trailers we use:
How Heavy Haul works from Georgia to Alabama
About We Will Transport It
Do you need your heavy equipment shipped from Georgia to Alabama? We Will Transport It is the company to get the job done for you. We have over a decade of experience in heavy hauling. We Will Transport It specializes in heavy equipment hauling in all 50 states. We have a trailer for every size of equipment and a team of experts ready to get your unit moved. Whether you are shipping a full or partial load or even an oversize load, our knowledgeable representatives will handle every detail and keep you informed throughout the process.
The Route between Georgia and Alabama
Georgia and Alabama are neighboring states. The most common route from Georgia to Alabama is a straight run west via GA-26 West and I-85 South. The distance from the center of Georgia to the center of Alabama is about 257 miles. The total trip will take about five hours. The price to ship your heavy equipment or machinery will be based on the number of miles your unit is going and the size and weight of the unit.
Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Florida to Kentucky:
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|Atlanta, Georgia 30331 to Mobile, Alabama 36606||$2,000||334 miles|
|Blairsville, Georgia 30512 to Florence, Alabama 35630||$1,970||275 miles|
|Columbus, Georgia 31904 to Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35406||$1,900||203 miles|
|Covington, Georgia 30014 to Ozark, Alabama 36360||$1,930||237 miles|
|Duluth, Georgia 30097 to Bessemer, Alabama 35023||$1,890||194 miles|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
How do Georgia’s trucking laws apply?
When moving cargo, you cannot work more than 14 hours in a row, of which you cannot drive more than 11 straight hours. A minimum of 10 hours must pass between your last day on duty and your first day back on duty. A 30-minute break is required for all Georgia drivers after they have been on duty for eight hours.
Georgia’s definition of an oversized load?
A load is considered oversized when it meets any of the following criteria: Exceeds the height of 13 feet, 6 inches. The width exceeds 8 feet, 6 inches. A length of more than 65 feet.
How Do Georgia Oversize Transport Permits Work?
A single standard unit costs $30.00. It has a 16′ width and height limit, and a 150,000-pound weight limit.
- for the Superload Single start at $125.00. This trailer has a width and height of greater than 16 feet and a weight limit of up to 180,000 pounds.
- is a $500.00 surcharge for Superload Plus. One hundred eighty thousand pounds or more.
- There is a $500.00 charge for a mega load. A weight of 300,000 lbs or more.
Heavy Haul job completed from Georgia to Alabama
The customer called in to have a Grove TMS700E crane moved from their construction site back to their warehouse in Alabama. We had to dispatch three flatbed trailers and two RGNs. It took two days for the total break service and then the driver delivered four days later. We have a team of dispatchers, so we can coordinate with the customer and drivers for a great delivery every time.