Rich Table of Contents
- How Heavy Haul works from Louisiana to Texas
- Heavy Haulers from Louisiana to Texas
- About We Will Transport It
- The Route between Louisiana and Texas
- Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Louisiana to Texas:
- The most popular trailers we use:
- Heavy Haul jobs done from Louisiana to Texas
How Heavy Haul works from Louisiana to Texas
About We Will Transport It
Do you need your heavy equipment shipped from Louisiana to Texas? We Will Transport It is the company to get the job done for you. We have over a decade of experience in heavy hauling. We Will Transport It specializes in heavy equipment hauling in all 50 states. We have a trailer for every size of equipment and a team of experts ready to get your unit moved. Whether you are shipping a full or partial load or even an oversize load, our knowledgeable representatives will handle every detail and keep you informed throughout the process.
The Route between Louisiana and Texas
Louisiana and Texas are neighboring states. The route from Louisiana to Texas runs northwest via I-49 N and I-20 W. The distance from the center of Louisiana to the center of Texas is 625 miles. The trip will take about one full day. The price to ship your heavy equipment or machinery will be based upon the number of miles your unit is going and the size and weight of the unit.
Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Louisiana to Texas:
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70817 to Dallas, Texas 75209||$2,295||459 miles|
|Jonesboro, Louisiana 71251 to Houston, Texas 77013||$1,530||307 miles|
|Lafayette, Louisiana 70501 to San Antonio, Texas 78205||$2,075||415 miles|
|New Orleans, Louisiana 70128 to Fort Worth, Texas 76120||$2,680||537 miles|
|Shreveport, Louisiana 71118 to San Antonio, Texas 78258||$2,055||411 miles|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
What is considered as “Overweight Load” in Louisiana?
The weight of the single axle is 20,000 pounds. There is a 34,000 pound weight limit for tandem axles. There are 42,000 pounds in a tridem. The maximum gross weight is 80,000 pounds. 50,000 pounds for quadrum axles. Max Gross Weight with Quadrum: 88,000 lb. (83,400 lb. on Interstates)
Is there a law against overlength in Louisiana?
Transportation requirements. The Department of Transportation must approve any dimensions over Routine Issue. Any vehicle or load over 10′ wide, 65′ long, or exceeding legal overhang requires an “Oversize Load” sign. Any vehicle with an overhang of more than 4′ requires 18″ flags.
Is it possible for oversize loads to travel on weekends in Louisiana?
Restrictions on the transportation of oversized loads in Louisiana. Travel is permitted from 12:30 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Travel Sunday until 1:00 p.m. if your trailer is less than 12′ wide by 90′ long by 100,000 lbs.
Heavy Haul jobs done from Louisiana to Texas
A bus rental company calls us frequently to haul buses. This was a 2010 Ford school bus from Metairie, Louisiana 70001 to Dallas, Texas 75001. Because it was coming out of an auction, we needed the vin numbers and release form, from the company. We hauled it on a lowboy trailer and the total price was $3250.00. Total time of transit was four days.