Rich Table of Contents
- How Heavy Haul works from Maine to Illinois
- Heavy Haulers from Maine to Illinois
- Heavy Equipment Transport from Maine to Illinois
- The Route between Maine and Illinois
- Below are some examples of Shipment Costs and miles Examples for heavy equipment from Maine to Illinois:
- The most popular trailers we use:
How Heavy Haul works from Maine to Illinois
Heavy Equipment Transport from Maine to Illinois
Do you need your heavy equipment shipped from Maine to Illinois? We Will Transport It is the company to get the job done for you. We have over a decade of experience in heavy hauling. We Will Transport specializes in heavy equipment hauling in all 50 states. We have a trailer for every size of equipment and a team of experts ready to get your unit moved. Whether you are shipping a full or partial load or even an oversized load, our knowledgeable representatives will handle every detail and keep you informed throughout the process.
The Route between Maine and Illinois
The quickest route from Maine to Illinois runs west via ON-401 West. From Maine, your equipment will pass into the Canadian provinces of Montreal and Toronto. Then it will re-enter the United States through Michigan, then travel into Indiana and Illinois. If you would prefer that your unit not cross into Canada, your equipment will travel from Maine, into Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana before entering Illinois. The distance from the center of Maine to the center of Illinois is 1,236 miles. The trip will take roughly 20 hours. The price to ship your heavy equipment or machinery will be based on the number of miles your unit is going and the size and weight of the unit.
Below are some examples of Shipment Costs and miles Examples for heavy equipment from Maine to Illinois:
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|Bangor Maine, 04401-Chicago Illinois, 60601||$3,294.00||1,220 miles|
|York Maine, 03909-Wauconda Illinois, 60084||$2,932.00||1,086 miles|
|Saco Maine, 04072-Orland Park Illinois, 60462||$2,892.00||1,071 miles|
|Windham Maine, 04062-Berwyn Illinois, 60402||$2,962.00||1,097 miles|
|Portland Maine, 04101-Mchenry Illinois, 60051||$3,059.00||1,133 miles|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
How much does it cost to ship equipment from Maine and Illinois?
The cost to ship heavy equipment depends on the distance and the company you use. Most companies charge around $3.50 per mile for distances under 550 miles and around $5.50 for distances over 550 miles.
The average shipping cost of moving heavy machinery to equipment from Maine and Illinois is approximately $2,500, depending on the weather and gas price.
Heavy Equipment shipping job done from Maine to Illinois
An electric scissor lift has been moved from a Maine dealership to a small farm in Illinois. To get the process started, we called the dealership to confirm the payment had cleared. Dispatchers called local lowboy carriers and step deck trailers in Maine. One lowboy driver had a partial load headed to Kansas and just enough deck space for the scissor lift. The total cost of the transportation service was $1,905.00.