Rich Table of Contents
- Heavy Equipment Transport from Georgia to North Carolina
- Heavy Haulers from Georgia to North Carolina
- About We Will Transport It
- The Route Between Georgia and North Carolina
- Below are some examples of prices to ship Heavy Equipment from Georgia to North Carolina
- The most popular trailers we use:
- Heavy Haul Job completed from Georgia to North Carolina
Heavy Equipment Transport from Georgia to North Carolina
About We Will Transport It
Do you need a company to ship your heavy equipment from Georgia to North Carolina? There is no company better suited to your needs than We Will Transport It. Our specialty is heavy hauling throughout all 50 states. It is possible for us to ship heavy equipment internationally as well. Our company has been in the shipping industry for over a decade. All types of trailers are available at our company. You can trust us to ship your unit safely, no matter what size it is. If you need help with a project, we have the experience and knowledge you need.
The Route Between Georgia and North Carolina
The most common route from Georgia to North Carolina is a short run northeast via I-20 East. From Georgia, you will pass through South Carolina and then into North Carolina. The distance from the center of Georgia to the center of North Carolina is about 377 miles. The trip will generally take about 7 hours. The price of transport will be determined by two factors, the number of miles from pick up to drop off and the size and weight of the equipment.
Below are some examples of prices to ship Heavy Equipment from Georgia to North Carolina
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|Athens Georgia, 30605-Goldsboro North Carolina, 27534||$1,900||403 miles|
|Atlanta Georgia, 30349-Charlotte North Carolina, 28205||$1,775||264 miles|
|Augusta Georgia, 30907-Sanford North Carolina, 27332||$1,750||252 miles|
|Marietta Georgia, 30060-Winston Salem North Carolina, 27127||$1,850||322 miles|
|Atlanta Georgia, 30331-Raleigh North Carolina, 27613||$1,950|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
Are there any regulations in Georgia regarding oversize overweight?
The front escort of a vehicle and the rear guard of a vehicle is required for any permitted load over 15′ 6″ up to and including 17′ on a 2-lane roadway. A vehicle rear escort is required when moving the same permitted freight on a Limited Access Highway/Interstate System.
What is the law on overlength in Georgia?
Any permitted load exceeding 75′ but less than or equal to 100′ must be escorted with an amber light at the rear. Vehicle rear escort is required if the load length exceeds 102′ but does not exceed 126′.
In Georgia, what is the overweight limit for heavy hauls?
The single axle weighs 20,340 pounds. The tandem axle weighs 34,000 pounds. There is a maximum gross weight of 80,000 pounds.
Heavy Haul Job completed from Georgia to North Carolina
Andrew in our oversize department received a call to move a 1985 Peterbilt 359 from Austell, GA 30127 to Apex, NC 27523. The unite was at a mechanic shop waiting to get fixed for the seller. Once they were all done we dispatched out a lowboy trailer to pickup. It took our carrier two days to deliver, and the driver accepted the load for five dollars a mile. For all your Heavy Haul moves, call We Will Transport it.