Rich Table of Contents
- How Heavy Haul works from Indiana to Iowa
- Heavy Haulers from Indiana to Iowa
- Heavy Equipment Transport from Indiana to Iowa
- The Route between Indiana and Iowa
- Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Indiana to Iowa:
- The most popular trailers we use:
- Heavy Haul Job Completed from Indiana to Iowa
How Heavy Haul works from Indiana to Iowa
Heavy Equipment Transport from Indiana to Iowa
Is your heavy equipment needing to be shipped from Indiana to Iowa? We Will Transport It is the company to get the job done for you. Having been in the heavy hauling business for more than a decade, we have the experience you need. We Will Transport It specializes in heavy equipment hauling in all 50 states. We have a trailer for every size of equipment and a team of experts ready to get your unit moved. Whether you are shipping a full or partial load or even an oversize load, our knowledgeable representatives will handle every detail and keep you informed throughout the process.
The Route between Indiana and Iowa
The route from Indiana to Iowa runs west via I-80 West. From Indiana, your equipment will travel through Illinois and into Iowa. The distance from the center of Indiana to the center of Iowa is 479 miles. The trip will take roughly 8 hours. The price to ship your heavy equipment or machinery will be based upon the number of miles your unit is going and the size and weight of the unit.
Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Indiana to Iowa:
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|Plainfield, Indiana 46168 to Indianola, Iowa 50125||$2,402.00||502 miles|
|Fort Wayne, Indiana 46806 to Monona, Iowa 52159||$2,324.00||424 miles|
|Indianapolis, Indiana 46201 to Des Moines, Iowa 50301||$2,380.00||480 miles|
|Shipshewana, Indiana 46565 to Walcott, Iowa 52773||$2,201.00||301 miles|
|Plainfield, Indiana 46168 to Urbandale, Iowa 50322||$2,375.00||475 miles|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
When is the slowest time of the year for heavy haul brokers?
Heavy hauls are at their slowest during the holidays and during the winter months of the year when there are fewer deliveries.
Is there a limit on oversized loads in Indiana for 2023?
Before traveling on Indiana roads, drivers must obtain an oversize and overweight (OSOW) vehicle permit if their vehicle exceeds:
- The height of 13 feet 6 inches
- The width of 8 feet 6 inches
- The length of a semi-tractor-semi-trailer combination is 53 feet or
- Gross vehicle weight of 80,000 pounds (subject to axle weights).
OSOW permits are unavailable for combinations of two vehicles totaling 60 feet or more unless one is a fifth-wheel travel trailer or tractor-trailer.
What is the legal load in Indiana?
You cannot exceed the following weight on Indiana roads: Gross vehicle weight – 80,000 lbs. The steering axle weighs 12,000 pounds. A single axle weighs 20,000 pounds. A tandem axle weighs 34,000 pounds.
Heavy Haul Job Completed from Indiana to Iowa
The customer wanted to haul a Bobcat T590 compact track loader from Indiana to Iowa. Sarah in our oversized department received the phone call and immediately started working on it. Typically, finding a carrier will take two or three days if the price is right. We located a step deck with loading ramps and informed the client. Once we picked up the boat, we delivered it to their house the following day. Get in touch with us today if you need a heavy-haul shipment.