Rich Table of Contents
- How Heavy Haul works from Iowa to Georgia
- Heavy Haulers from Iowa to Georgia
- About We Will Transport It
- The Route between Iowa to Georgia
- In the last several years these cities in Iowa, we have delivered equipment:
- Our most frequently hauled equipment goes to and from cities in Georgia:
- Funny jokes about heavy hauling:
- Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Iowa to Georgia:
- The most popular trailers we use:
- Heavy Haul Job completed from Iowa to Georgia
How Heavy Haul works from Iowa to Georgia
About We Will Transport It
Do you need your heavy equipment shipped from Iowa to Georgia? We Will Transport It is the company to get the job done for you. We have over a decade of experience in heavy hauling. We Will Transport It specializes in heavy equipment hauling in all 50 states. We have a trailer for every size of equipment and a team of experts ready to get your unit moved. Whether you are shipping a full or partial load or even an oversized load, our knowledgeable representatives will handle every detail and keep you informed throughout the process.
The Route between Iowa to Georgia
The route from Iowa to Georgia runs east via I-24 East. The distance from the center of Iowa to the center of Georgia is 1,045 miles. The trip will take roughly 16 hours. The price to ship your heavy equipment or machinery will be based on the number of miles your unit is going and the size and weight of the unit.
In the last several years these cities in Iowa, we have delivered equipment:
Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Iowa City, Ankeny, West Des Moines, Ames, Waterloo, Council Bluffs, Dubuque, Urbandale, Marion, Cedar Falls, Bettendorf, Waukee, Marshalltown, Mason City, Ottumwa, Fort Dodge
Our most frequently hauled equipment goes to and from cities in Georgia:
Augusta-Richmond County, Columbus, Macon-Bibb County, Savannah,Athens-Clarke County,South Fulton,Sandy Springs,Roswell, Johns Creek, Warner Robins,Alpharetta, Albany,Marietta,Stonecrest.
Funny jokes about heavy hauling:
A lion was transported from Iowa to Georgia, and during the transport, the lion walked back home after coming out of the cage. Lol
Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Iowa to Georgia:
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|Davenport, Iowa 52802 to Savannah, Georgia 31405||$2,230||1065 miles|
|Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401 to Albany, Georgia 31701||$2,140||1020 miles|
|Ames, Iowa 50010 to Hampton, Georgia 30228||$2,010||955 miles|
|Davenport, Iowa 52802 to Acworth, Georgia 30102||$1,626||763 miles|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
Can I ship a tractor inside a container?
Yes, if the tractor is not higher than the container and you build ramps or load it with a forklift, you can transport a tractor inside a container. Make sure to secure the tractor properly inside the container to avoid any damage during transport. You should also check the tractor to ensure it is in good condition prior to loading it into the container.
What is the oversized load restriction in Iowa?
A permit is typically required if the vehicle’s gross weight exceeds 80,000 pounds. The maximum individual axle weight allowed under the permit is 20,000 pounds per axle. For more information and exceptions to the above weight limits, Maximum gross weight exceptions.
Heavy Haul Job completed from Iowa to Georgia
Rocky received an email to move a 2016 Komatsu PC290LC-11 from Iowa to Georgia. This large unit could only fit on a lowboy trailer or RGN. We searched for several days and tried to find someone passing or delivering in that area. We called the client and explained to give us two more days, and if we couldn’t find anyone, they could try another company. That night I told all my dispatchers to stay an extra hour to find a carrier. After hundreds of calls and searching, we found someone. Hard work and persistence always pay off.
sported from Iowa to Georgia, and during the transport, the lion walked back home after coming out of the cage. Lol