Rich Table of Contents
- How Heavy Haul works from Iowa to Illinois
- Heavy Haulers from Iowa to Illinois
- About We Will Transport It
- The Route between Iowa and Illinois
- Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Iowa to Illinois:
- The most popular trailers we use:
- Heavy Haul jobs are done from Iowa to Illinois
How Heavy Haul works from Iowa to Illinois
About We Will Transport It
Do you need your heavy equipment shipped from Iowa to Illinois? We Will Transport It is the company to do the job for you. We have over a decade of experience in heavy hauling. We Will Transport It specializes in heavy equipment hauling in all 50 states. We have a trailer for every equipment size and a team of experts ready to move your unit. Whether you are shipping a full or partial load or even an oversized load, our knowledgeable representatives will handle every detail and keep you informed throughout the process.
The Route between Iowa and Illinois
The route from Iowa to Illinois runs southeast via I-80 East and I-74. The distance from the center of Iowa to the center of Illinois is 260 miles. The trip will take about 4 hours. The price to ship your heavy equipment or machinery will be based on the number of miles your unit is going and the size and weight of the unit.
Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Iowa to Illinois:
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|Sioux City, Iowa 51101 to Glenview, Illinois 60025||$2,239.00||539 miles|
|Muscatine, Iowa 52761 to Decatur, Illinois 62526||$1,885.00||185 miles|
|Mount Vernon, Iowa 52314 to Stone Park, Illinois 60165||$1,903.00||203 miles|
|Council Bluffs, Iowa 51501 to Batavia, Illinois 60510||$2,127.00||427 miles|
|Marion, Iowa 52302 to Matteson, Illinois 60443||$1,950.00||250 miles|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
What is the oversized load restriction in Iowa?
A permit is typically required if the vehicle’s gross weight exceeds 80,000 pounds. Under the license, each axle is allowed a maximum weight of 20,500 pounds. More information and exceptions to the above weight limits can be found at Maximum gross weight exceptions.
How does Iowa’s revised weight exception work?
In 2023, Iowa will introduce an amended permit to allow overweight trucks to transport goods within the state. According to the updated rules, approved by the Iowa Legislature last spring, trucks on the state’s road and highway system can exceed axle weight by 13% with an annual permit costing $5.
How much weight is allowed on the road without a permit?
The legal load width limit is 8.5 feet (103 inches), and the legal load height limit is 102 inches. The maximum length usually ranges from 48 feet to 53 feet, and the total weight is 46,500 pounds. While some trucks may be able to scale heavier, 46,500 pounds is usually the standard.
Heavy Haul jobs are done from Iowa to Illinois
20ft long 7ft wide 8ft High and weigh around 4100lbs 2005 Kubota L4330 and 10ft long 6ft wide 6ft high and weighs around 2800lbs 1947 Allis Chalmers Tractor were both picked up by 40ft hot shot with ramps from Bridgeport, NY 13030 going to Audubon, Iowa, 50025. Transportation costed the customer $2095 and took 2 days.