Rich Table of Contents
- How Heavy Haul works from Michigan to Indiana
- Heavy Haulers from Michigan to Indiana
- About We Will Transport It
- The Route between Michigan and Indiana
- Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Michigan to Indiana:
- The most popular trailers we use:
- Heavy Haul Move Completed from Michigan to Indiana
How Heavy Haul works from Michigan to Indiana
About We Will Transport It
Do you need your heavy equipment shipped from Michigan to Indiana? We Will Transport It is the company to do the job for you. We have over a decade of experience in heavy hauling. We Will Transport It specializes in heavy equipment hauling in all 50 states. We have a trailer for every equipment size and a team of experts ready to move your unit. Whether you are shipping a full or partial load or even an oversized load, our knowledgeable representatives will handle every detail and keep you informed throughout the process.
The Route between Michigan and Indiana
Michigan and Indiana are neighboring states. The route from Michigan to Indiana runs south via US-131 South and I-69 South. The distance from the center of Michigan to the center of Indiana is 325 miles. The trip will take roughly 5 hours. The price to ship your heavy equipment or machinery will be based upon the number of miles your unit is going and the size and weight of the unit.
Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Michigan to Indiana:
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|Grand Rapids, Michigan 49548 to South Bend, Indiana 46628||$1,506.00||106 miles|
|Sterling Heights, Michigan 48310 to Indianapolis, Indiana 46241||$2,115.00||315 miles|
|Detroit, Michigan 48912 to Michigan City, Indiana 46360||$1,725.00||225 miles|
|Lansing, Michigan 48912 to Greenwood, Indiana 46143||$1,969.00||269 miles|
|Saginaw, Michigan 48603 to Clarksville, Indiana 47129||$2,442.00||442 miles|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
Can I still get my equipment transported if there is a snowstorm in Michigan?
If the weather adviser declares a weather storm and it’s too dangerous to drive, they will not allow heavy haulers on the road. Some carriers will travel and go during extreme weather storms if the price per mile for the load is a lot.
What is the price to transport a John Deere tractor from Michigan to Indiana?
A John Deere tractor that is not oversized going from Michigan to Indiana will cost anywhere between two to three dollars a mile to ship.
What is the maximum weight of an oversized load in Michigan in 2023?
The field of generative AI is still in its infancy. The quality of the information may vary.
The maximum dimensions for an oversized load in Michigan are:
- 8 feet 6 inches wide
- 13 feet 6 inches tall
- 65 feet in length
- GVW: 80,000 pounds
- A front overhang of 3 feet and a rear overhang of 4 feet
Before entering the state, you must obtain a permit valid for five days.
Monday through Friday, tickets are only issued during daylight hours.
Holidays when permits are not issued include:
Christmas, New Year’s, Labor, Memorial, Thanksgiving and Independence Day.
Overhangs over 4 feet require a 12-foot red flag during the day and a red light or lantern at night.
Heavy Haul Move Completed from Michigan to Indiana
2016 34 ft Telescopic Boom lift leaving an Auction from MI going to IN. Zack in our heavy haul division received the phone call and quoted the customer $1,650 to move the unit. Once we received all the paperwork, our dispatch department started making outbound calls. We found a step deck trailer with ramps to haul the Boom lift three days later. When shipping equipment from Michigan to Indiana, the company has fifteen years of experience driving heavy loads.