Rich Table of Contents
- How Heavy Haul Works from Connecticut to Illinois
- Heavy Haulers from Connecticut to Illinois
- Heavy Equipment Transport from Connecticut to Illinois
- The Route between Connecticut and Illinois
- Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Connecticut to Illinois:
- The most popular trailers we use:
How Heavy Haul Works from Connecticut to Illinois
Heavy Equipment Transport from Connecticut to Illinois
Do you need your heavy equipment shipped from Connecticut to Illinois? We Will Transport It is the company to do the job for you. We have over a decade of experience in heavy hauling. We Will Transport It specializes in heavy equipment hauling in all 50 states. We have a trailer for every equipment size and a team of experts ready to move your unit. Whether you are shipping a full or partial load or even an oversized load, our knowledgeable representatives will handle every detail and keep you informed throughout the process.
The Route between Connecticut and Illinois
The route from Connecticut to Illinois runs west via I-80 West. From Connecticut, your equipment will travel through Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana before entering Illinois. The distance from the center of Connecticut to the center of Illinois is 994 miles. The trip will take roughly 15 hours. The price to ship your heavy equipment or machinery will be based upon the number of miles your unit is going and the size and weight of the unit.
Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Connecticut to Illinois:
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|West Haven, Connecticut 06516 to Chicago, Illinois 60620||$2,760.00||860 miles|
|Putnam, Connecticut 06260 to New Lenox, Illinois 60451||$2,848.00||948 miles|
|Milford, Connecticut 06460 to Sycamore, Illinois 60178||$2,823.00||923 miles|
|Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 to Northbrook, Illinois 60062||$2,811.00||911 miles|
|New Canaan, Connecticut 06840 to Evanston, Illinois 60208||$2,750.00||850 miles|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
What is required to pick up equipment at Bridgeport in Connecticut?
A driver must have a TWIC card and the release form from the customs broker to receive equipment at Bridgeport in Connecticut.
What are the oversized load limits in Connecticut in 2023?
The oversized load limits in Connecticut are as follows:
- 48 feet in length
- 80,000 pounds
- 8’6″ wide
- 13’6″ tall
State permits are necessary for oversize loads.
Permits for oversized vehicles in Connecticut are valid for three days. They are only valid during daylight hours, not on weekends or holidays. Moving loads between 6:40 a.m. and 9:10 a.m. and 4:10 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. is impossible.
How does Connecticut define wide loads?
It is necessary to review anything that exceeds routine issue dimensions. An OversizeAny bag over 8’6″ in width must have a red flag at the widest point and each corner.
Connecticut to Illinois Heavy Haul completed job
A customer bought a massive machine, a 2006 Gomaco PS-2600 Concrete Placer. Shipping a machine like this would require permits and escorts. Once our company received the permits, we dispatched out an RGN trailer being pulled by a semi. This was going 915 miles, but after receiving the route survey, the route added on 150 miles. We completed the haul, and the customer was delighted to finally get their machine.