Rich Table of Contents
- Heavy Equipment Transport from Louisiana to Mississippi
- Heavy Haulers from Louisiana to Mississippi
- About We Will Transport It
- The Route From Louisiana to Mississippi
- Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Louisiana to Mississippi
- The most popular trailers we use:
- Heavy Haul Job completed from Louisiana to Mississippi
Heavy Equipment Transport from Louisiana to Mississippi
About We Will Transport It
Do you need your heavy equipment shipped from Louisiana to Mississippi? We Will Transport It is the company to get the job done for you. We have over a decade of experience in heavy hauling. We Will Transport It specializes in heavy equipment hauling in all 50 states. We have a trailer for every size of equipment and a team of experts ready to get your unit moved. Whether you are shipping a full or partial load or even an oversized load, our knowledgeable representatives will handle every detail and keep you informed throughout the process.
The Route From Louisiana to Mississippi
Louisiana and Mississippi are neighboring states. The route from Louisiana to Mississippi runs northeast via I-55 North. The distance from the center of Louisiana to the center of Mississippi is 247 miles. The trip will take roughly 4 hours. The price to ship your heavy equipment or machinery will be based upon the number of miles your unit is going and the size and weight of the unit.
Below are some examples of prices to ship heavy equipment from Louisiana to Mississippi
|From To||Shipping Quote||Miles|
|Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70819-Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39402||$1,800||156 miles|
|New Orleans, Louisiana 70117-Biloxi, Mississippi 3953||$1,700||88 miles|
|Monroe, Louisiana 71201-Jackson, Mississippi 39213||$1,775||118 miles|
|Shreveport, Louisiana 71109-Richland, Mississippi 39218||$1,930||227 miles|
* Prices shown above are from previous jobs we completed in 2023; they fluctuate depending on diesel and the time of the year.
The most popular trailers we use:
- Two 24 or 28 flatebed
- Car carrier
- Beam Trailer
- Boat hauling Trailer
- Container Trailer
- Double drop
- Double Drop extended
- Dump Trucks
- Flatbed “Air Ride”
- FEXT ” Stretch Trailers or Extendable Flatbeds or Extendable Flatbeds
- FO- Flatbed over-Dimension Loads
- FRV- Flatbed, Van or Reefer
- FSDV- Flatbed, Step Deck or Van
- HS- Hotshot Trailer
- HTU- Haul and Tow Unit
- LAF- Landoll Flatbed
- LB- Lowboy
- LBO- Lowboy over dimension Loads
- MBHM- Mobile homes
- PO- Power Only
- RGN- Removable Gooseneck & Multi Axle Heavy Haulers
- Roll- Roll Top Conestoga
- SD- Stepdeck
- SDE – Stepdeck Extendable
- SDO- Step deck over Dimensions loads
- SPV- Cargo, small, sprinter Van
- VIVR- Venter insulated van or Refrigerated
- VLG- Van with Liftgate
- VRDD- Van, Reefer or Double drop
How does Louisiana define an oversize load?
Vehicles or loads exceeding 10′ wide, 65′ long, or exceeding legal overhang are required to display an “Oversize Load” sign. Vehicles with an overhang of more than 4 feet and overwidths over 18″ must display 18″ flags. If the weight of the pieces exceeds 500 pounds, they can be removed and shipped in the same shipment.
Is Louisiana a state that has oversize travel restrictions?
In Louisiana, vehicles over 14 feet wide are prohibited from traveling on Interstate highways, except for fiberglass swimming pools, boats, tanks, and mobile homes, although special restrictions may apply. It is not permitted to travel on major holidays and on Mardi Gras in some areas.
How wide can a load without a permit be in Louisiana?
Loads and vehicles may not exceed 12 feet in width, 14 feet in height, or 90 feet in length. Permits for oversize vehicles are valid for 12 months and may be issued for Monday through Friday only, Monday through Saturday only, or every day of the week (except holidays when requested).
Heavy Haul Job completed from Louisiana to Mississippi
J.T., in the oversize department, has seven years of knowledge and expertise in shipping and transporting heavy equipment. He received a phone call to move a 2017 Volvo L180H from Lake Charles, LA 70602 to Meridian, MS 39304. The front end loaded weighed 41,580lbs, we located a lowboy driver and dispatched it out for six dollars a mile. The driver wanted seven, but we always work our hardest to get our customers a fair price. For all your Heavy Haul moves, give We Will Transport It a call today.