Heavy Equipment Shipping for BusinessesIf you have heavy equipment, odds are that it will need to be transported to other work sites at one time or another. When it comes to transporting heavy equipment or over dimensional vehicles and equipment, you need to work with an experienced transportation company that knows how to get the load to its destination on time and in one piece. You want to deal with a safe, reputable transport company.Here at We Will Transport It, Inc., we have access to a fleet of vehicles that can take your heavy equipment and over-sized loads wherever they need to go. Among the vehicles that we have access to include:
- 6-axle, 6-line, self-propelled trailer
- Flatbed trailers with two axles and two-axle stretch with sides and/or pans
- Stepdeck trailers with two axles, two axle stretches, two axles with sides, pans, super-low, and other
- Double drop trailers
- Van trailers ranging from 40 feet to 53 feet
- Speciality trailers, such as beams, outer perimeter, and dollies
Considerations for Heavy Equipment ShippingEach state has different requirements for hauling oversized loads and shipments. It is very important to know the legal requirements for each state to make sure the proper permits have been acquired. Before any flatbed load is moved, the exact dimensions must be determined and the exact weight must be properly calculated so the correct equipment could be used to transport the load. You need to work with a professional transport service experienced in heavy equipment shipping, so the five key areas can be addressed.
Here are the five key areas regarding a large load:
- Know the legal limits for flatbed loads.
- Find out if the load is considered oversized.
- Learn the rules so you will know if a travel escort is required.
- Understand the factors that could impact your schedule.
- Know the meanings and the requirements regarding special markings.
To learn more about our heavy equipment shipping services, contact We Will Transport It today.
Trackback from your site.