Preparing an Alpine Fifth Wheel for Shipping Across the USAlpine fifth wheels are some of the best fifth wheels you can purchase. They are high-end, luxury homes with features that are hard to find in other fifth wheel brands. If you own an Alpine fifth wheel, you know how much of an investment they are. They are more than just a vehicle to transport you to your favorite vacation spot, they are a sanctuary, escape, and a home away from home.Many people need to have their Alpine fifth wheel transported, but are not sure how to do so. The process for shipping a fifth wheel can be a bit confusing. There are many different things a person needs to consider before having their fifth wheel transported. However, the best thing you, as the owner, can do to protect your Alpine fifth wheel is to find the best transport company available to do the job.
Finding an Excellent Transport CompanyThis preparation step is so important, it deserves it’s own section. There are some things you should look for in a shipping company before hiring them to transport your Alpine fifth wheel across the US. First, check them out on the Better Business Bureau and with other online review pages like google and yelp. You should also check out transportreviews.com.Next, do not be afraid to ask the shipping company any questions you can think of. Their ability to answer these questions correctly and how they answer the questions will give you a clear insight on the company’s customer service abilities. You need a transport company with good customer service and someone you can call. Many companies offer call in and tracking services. These allow the customer to determine the location of their Alpine fifth wheel whenever they want.Last, but certainly not least, it is also important to make sure your transport company holds all the necessary certifications to transport your fifth wheel safely and legally.
Preparing Your Alpine Fifth Wheel for Shipping Across the USFortunately, fifth wheels are made to be on the highway. They are designed to be hauled safely by the average driver and are made to be moved. However, when a fifth wheel is shipping, there are some important things you must do to prepare it for shipping on a carrier.
- Store all Loose and Personal Items – Any loose items inside the fifth wheel should be stored and secured. This will reduce the chance that they will fall and be damaged during the transport. If you are worried about some more expensive items, you may want to remove them from the fifth wheel completely.
- Lock all Cupboards, Drawers and Closets – Many fifth wheels have locking options on their cupboards, drawers and closets. Make sure these are locked before transport. This will keep everything inside safe and secure during travel.
- Disconnect Power and Gas Supplies – Make sure everything is turned off in your fifth wheel and disconnect all gas and power supplies. These should never be connected while a fifth wheel is being transported.
- Check Fluids – If you are transporting your Alpine fifth wheel in freezing weather, it is a good idea to fill up the antifreeze.
- Take Pictures – Take pictures of your Alpine fifth wheel before transport and send a copy to your transport company. If something does happen, this will make it easier for your transportation company to file a claim.
Trackback from your site.